Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Furniture

It's my intention that the zoetrope function as a beautiful item of furniture independently of its performance abilities. The design is a typical example of form follows function. A stand to achieve the correct height, a box to house the mechanism and a cylindrical shutter for the animation. There is certainly a similarity to a floor light. As the shutter contains an array of LED's that can be turned on with or without the animation, the similarity is not merely aesthetic. The stand will be manufactured from quality hardwood whilst the box and shutter will be finished in a similar veneer.





4 comments:

  1. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”. woodworking plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also benefit from learning the assessments, but learn that alot of people ought to stay on essay to try and add worth in the direction of the authentic weblog release.
    wicker outdoor furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very classy piece of work, I adore the simplicity of the design and yet the impact it has when switched on. The solid walnut is truly beautiful and the fusion of the two techniques unequalled. I was very interested to read how you created it and the amount of work and detail that has gone into it. Is it a storage piece?

    ReplyDelete